Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blind

“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.”   -Isaiah 42:16

 

God is changing some things up in my life.  He’s speaking to me in ways He’s never spoken to me before.  He’s working in my life differently than before-definitely in ways that I have not known and along unfamiliar paths.

 

If you know me well, you know that in the past when God called me to do something He called me very clearly and very quickly.  I knew where He wanted me, no doubt.  These days I feel like a blind person. Ever since returning from China I have made some pretty important decisions in my life without that clarity that God has given me before.  I am still following Him.  But it’s different. God is still there; He’s never left. And He hasn’t stopped guiding me and speaking to me, but it’s in a different way. These are ways I have not known. Growth? I hope so. The promise in this verse? HE WILL NOT FORSAKE ME.  Boy am I glad of that!

 

2 comments:

SaraEliza said...

What an encouragement this morning! To remember that while life may feel uncertain and differnt, the Lord is still there! He's still protecting us and guiding us!

Thanks for that!

TKB said...

Kat- I feel the same way in our journey over the past year. Learning to truly walk by faith... I have a feeling this is going to continue for a while. :)

Trusting Him with you,
Beth