Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sneaking Suspicion

Have I told you that I’m in a refining process? It’s been on-going for sure. My prayer for a while now is that God would reveal “everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles” and would change me. I don’t want anything in the way of my relationship with Him or to hinder me from loving others the best that I can.  Wow has He been doing that!

 

But I also have this sneaking suspicion that He’s trying to show me that He is enough for me. This tough learning experience has been noticed by the absence of things that I’ve been relying too heavily on and is now not there. I’ve been grieving the loss of them and have been wondering what the deal was. And then yesterday it came to me! (Or God told me.) This could be the Lord stripping these things so that I have no one and nothing else to rely/lean upon than Him and Him alone. This has been my prayer, but I never thought it would be answered in the form that it’s being answered it.

 

This is, for sure, something that I hope/fear will continue for quite a while. But, I can say, that having a God-perspective on what is happening is a bit more reassuring. You know…that’s there’s a purpose and all.

 

IS GOD’S COMFORT TOO LITTLE FOR YOU? IS HIS GENTLE WORD NOT ENOUGH?  ~JOB 15:11

 

 

No comments: