Thursday, February 7, 2008

TIC

My friend and I are staying in a guesthouse called "Mama's Naxi Guesthouse". It's written up and known as the most hospitable one in Lijiang. You don't need to find them, they'll find you. Don't call the airline, they'll call for you. You want special price, Baba can get it for you! And when we came they gave us fruit! They have cats that sound like they're about to die running all over the place.

Yesterday my friend and I were talking to Mama about getting a bus out to Lijiang to see Tiger Leaping Gorge. The whole time we're talking to her she's picking lint and stray hairs off of my friend. I'm laughing the whole time because Mama's doing this like "Of course I'm doing this for you!" Then she starts doing it to me! She's picking off of the front of us and our arms and then is turning us around to get our backs and everything. I just couldn't believe that they were are in public talking about renting vans and she's picking things off of our fleeeces!

This is China!

Oh, and we read yesterday that it's -10 in Yinchuan during the heat of the day! Freezing!