Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another move

So here it is the Sunday night of the week that I'm moving. I really thought I would be farther along in the packing process. But alas, I am not. I've been getting a little side-tracked. Well, with movies like "Young Frankenstein" (fabulous, btw), shopping trips, house-sitting, and cooking and baking like crazy the last few days-just for fun of course! My room kind of looks the same that it did two weeks ago, just a bit messier. And quite frankly, I don't see it getting any better until Tuesday at the earliest. It's 9:00pm here and that's reason enough to call it quits on cleaning and packing for the day. It's movie or book time and then sleep! Tomorrow I'm headed out to a nursery to buy plants for my mom. And I'll be grocery shopping and cooking for our Memorial Day dinner in honor of my sister's husband who served in the military until recently. Busy day! No time for packing!

Oh, this is interesting. My mom demonstrated her baton twirling skills to us this morning. My mom was a baton twirler in the band when she was in high school. We all knew this. But we've NEVER seen her do it! We're in the nursery this morning watching the little babies and she picks up the baton and starts to twirl it. I was so impressed! She really has great skills at the baton. And she hasn't picked up one of those things in 30 years! Imagine what she must have been like 30 years ago! Quite impressive!!!

Go out and rent "Young Frankenstein". You won't be sorry!