Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wrong word!

I went to lunch today by myself. I don't even hardly do that in the States, but the other single gals are out of town. Just me. I decided I was going to go for it.

I walked into a restaurant I had been to before. I wanted to make sure I would at least like the food I got! I got up to the counter and I pointed to another woman's dish of noodles signifying that I wanted what she had. I told the woman that I wanted just a little spice. (It's still really hot with only a little.)

I get my food and that stuff is blazing! The whole dish was red. Much more red than the other woman's. There were also green chilies in it. Apparently I told the woman I wanted it extra spicy. Language mistake #1! I won't make that mistake again.

I was sitting there eating my lunch with my nose running, eyes watering, and I'm sweating! Sweat was pouring down my face because the food was so hot. It was unbelievable. Lesson learned!