Monday, September 3, 2007

Cultural Observation

While watching a movie with a friend here I made an observation. There are no other nationalities represented here other than Asian. It didn't occur to me until watching this movie and seeing other types of people.

Coming from the melting pot of the world and then coming to a country where everyone looks the same is so different! I think the reason we don't stare at everyone is because we're so used to seeing all different types of people. Here they're only used to seeing people that look like them. This is most likely the reason they continually stare. That, and because it's not considered rude here at all!

I'm trying to get into the habit of staring at people like they do to me. Not to be rude but to be one with the culture:) It's hard when you're taught your whole life not to stare:)