Thursday, September 13, 2007

Surprise-two fold!

So...I got a package! This is actually my second as my parents sent me one about a week and a half ago. I headed down to Old City yesterday with a friend to pick up my package! Inside were the ever-precious chocolate chips (4 bags!), microwave popcorn which I was wishing I had yesterday morning sitting in class :), and chewing gum (so yummy!). Thank you Millers! And Meredith wrote me the sweetest card that was so cool looking! I opened the package on the bus ride home with all the locals looking over my shoulder wondering what foreigners like:) They all "oohed" and "awed" over the card. They love beautiful things too!

The other surprise was at the Post Office. Apparently, you have a week to pick up something after they send you the form that states you have a package. I got the slip on Monday and went down there yesterday. They told me I had until Wednesday to pick it up or I had to pay a fee. They charged me 1.5 yuan. I know, it's not much. But it was the principle of it. Can you imagine going to the US post office and them charging you to hold a package? It's just part of the life here:) So I paid my 1.5 yuan and got my package! It was definitely worth it! Next time I'll know that I need to get to the PO ASAP!