Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wrong language!


Every time I have to count or refer to numbers for any reason I find myself speaking French. It's like I know that I have to speak something other than English and so...French comes out! Even if I've counted to nine in Chinese I finish with the French word for ten, dix. It's awful cause no one understand me then, not even the other Americans! I have to laugh at myself though.

Some more pics too...

This is me, Erin and April. We went out for one last "hooray" before school started. We headed into Old City to eat some very yummy Thai food. Some of the best non-Indian curry I've ever put in my mouth. The restaurant had much more to offer than the food. It also had air-conditioning, seats with backs on them, free napkins, pictures on the menu, and it was quiet! It was so wonderful! For a moment there I thought I was in a restaurant in America. It was a very short moment, but it was there:)