Friday, August 22, 2008

Health Check

Do ya'll remember last year's health examination and the story that went with that one? Well, this one wasn't as dramatic, thank goodness.

Little side note here: I was called on Sunday (by my teacher) to bring in my passport so I could get my new visa. I came on Monday afternoon. I get there and he wants me health certificate from last year as well as four visa photos. What?!?! I don't have these. And I wasn't sure if I had thrown the health certificate away. I was in panic. So I run home and pull out every sheet of paper that I own and start looking for these documents. Low and behold, there they are, and with visa photos! So I hop back on my bike, pedal as fast as I can back to the school and deliver these things. (My visa was going to expire on Wednesday.)

Yesterday my teacher calls again. He wants me to bring my health certificate back up there. (They made a copy on Monday.) So I ride on up there give the certificate and he points out that it has expired. I really should pay attention to these things. So, what did that mean. That meant that yesterday afternoon I had to get new visa photos made and that this morning I had to go get a health examination in Old City.

Hopping in the taxi without my morning coffee was a drudgery in and of itself. I had no idea how much I rely on my coffee each day. Needlesstosay, I was a little slow this morning. I get to the hospital and see my Korean health exam buddy from last year. There he is, waiting for me and the teacher.

So we go through the whole morning of this exam and I found out that I'm so healthy! I'm much healthier than last even! Woo! Hoo! (That's for Amy Kannel!)

Yeah, I've lost 4 kilos in 2 mos. You might think that a lot or too much. But don't forget, I'm training for the marathon. I promise, I'm eating plenty! My pulse is 50 and I had been moving around already! And my blood pressure was 110/62. I was so happy! Of course, the doctor did get onto me about my eyesight. Apparently that is not good (I was scolded) and my night vision isn't good. But I'm not wasting these contacts I have just because they're not the "perfect" prescription. :)

Update on the Rrrroaches: still dying....