Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lately

So lately some interesting things have been happening. Where do I even begin? I think I'll start with the Rrrroaches (say it with a roll of the tongue). Yes, I am living in a roach-infested apartment! And it's disgusting. Gives me the shivers. Yuck! So they first came on the scene, let's see, at the end of July. My way of dealing with bugs like that is to ignore them and hope that they just decide to go away. But I am smarter than that. I knew that wouldn't happen, just hoping it would. I returned from Beijing after being there with my mom, to see that hope was crushed and they rrrroaches were everywhere! Oh my gosh! What is a girl to do?

Girls, by definition (my opinion), are not meant to, nor should they have to, kill colonies of rrrroaches! No way! And after not being able to sleep for many nights because of the fear and paranoia of having roaches crawling all over me I called for help! I called an American guy who lives here. I've become friends with his wife. He did a ton of research online as what the problem would be and how to fix it. I bought trashcans with lids, removed EVERYTHING from my kitchen and totally disinfected the place! And yesterday the guy came over for the day while I hung out with his wife. He sprayed my den and kitchen with this highly potent stuff. Flipped my furniture upside down and sprayed it. Moved my fridge and sprayed that. Mopped my floor, and a bunch of other stuff. He found where they were all living and he said there were millions. I'm so glad I didn't find that. I would have died!

We also realized that they started coming into my house from my neighbors who live above me. So he came back that night and caulked my ceiling and all of the cracks in it. The poor guy worked so hard. So these nasty little guys are coming out of the woodwork and dying all over my house. They're dead and laying there. Gross.

Hopefully more will be dying as the days go on...