Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 3

Day 3 of NO DAIRY: I went to Whole Foods last night and found some Soy coffee creamer. This is definitely not the same as my beloved fat-free powdered creamer, but it’s definitely better than the Lactaid milk I used yesterday! I also found some Soy yogurt. The taste and the texture is a bit off from regular yogurt, but I’m thankful to have my yogurt back in my morning breakfast routine. The Cheerios and milk I had yesterday morning for breakfast kept me full about…uh…1 hour! And I went bold and bought some Rice Milk Frozen Dessert: Carrot Cake. (In other words, ice cream/dream, whatever.) Let’s just say that it’s “interesting”. There will not be a purchase No. 2, at least of that flavor. Texture is a bit rubbery and I’m pretty sure that’s not normal.

 

Moving ahead with this. I’m thinking that this “diet” is going to help my cholesterol to go down. What do you think?

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,

Try almond milk. It's quite tasty, very good for you and has no dairy in it. I've been using it for a little while now (even making it homemade when I can).

Elaine