Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 9

So 9 days later into the "no dairy" and it seems to be going okay. I have found some of my guilty pleasures at some "health food" stores.  I have soy coffee creamer, soy yogurt, soy ice cream and soy cheddar cheese. None of these taste like the real thing, but they're close and they'll do for the time being. Silk makes a good coffee creamer and yogurt. Although I found some Stonyfield Soy Yogurt that I'll try here shortly. I've heard it's good. Last week I tried a frozen dessert (a.k.a ice cream) made with rice milk. Not my favorite. Tonight I tried a soy ice cream and it was very good. It's called "Purely Decadent" and it had the same texture and taste as real ice cream. Yay! The cheddar cheese, um...the verdict is still out.

I have resorted back to make my own granola b/c this is just easier-I know what's in it. And I'm going through fruits and veggies like a rabbit!

No comments: