Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Your Pie - Restaurant Review

Have you ever been with a group of people and all of you agreed that you wanted pizza but you couldn't agree on what you wanted on it? Everyone has that friend that only likes cheese and pepperoni and isn't willing to even pick things off of the pizza. Been there! But here's a place that can eliminate that problem and help you keep your friends a bit longer.
 
Beau and I went to Your Pie for dinner Sunday night. Btw, this is Beau. Your Pie is located on Savannah Hwy (Hwy 17) in the same shopping center as the Coburg cow. It's a fairly new joint that is easy to spot from the road. This was my second time and each visit has been a rather short wait. You walk in and form a line to what would be similar in Subway or Moe's. They have lists of ingredients that fall under the categories of Crust, Sauce, Cheese, Toppings, Extra Toppings and you can make any of these ingredients into your own pizza, panini, calzone or salad. And like other restaurants with the same "make your own" idea, they have suggestions for flavors and combinations, but you are in no way limited by these.
 
My first visit to Your Pie I made up my own pizza with sun-dried tomato sauce on a whole wheat crust with chicken, mushrooms, fresh mozzarella and onion. And this last time I chose one of their suggestions-The Lineage. This came with a whole wheat crust (that I chose), a normal pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, italian sausage ( which is thinly shaved btw), baby portabells mushrooms, thinly sliced onion and green and black olives (which I substituted for more mushroms and onions). Both were very, very good and the crust is made thin. This is what allows your pizza to come out in 5 minutes. Yes, that's right. I only had time to get my drink (Coke products) and go to the bathroom before my pizza was there at the table ready for my to dive into!
 
The pizza is crisp and light and very flavorful and you could come back over and over before you would have to eat anything twice. I wouldn't call it some amazing New York style pizza (or Chicago-style for you deep dish folks) but it's very good and you can't beat $8 for a 10" pizza that you can choose and eat for yourself and a drink. And for a couple bucks more you can try some gelato. They give you 10 choices in flavors randing from Butterfinger to Mint Chocolate Chip and Tiramisu. And btw, don't worry about cleaning off your table when you're finished, they do that for you!
 
On my next visit I'm going to try the Thai pizza. We all know how this girl loves some Asian flavors!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Amy said...

girl! you are BEAUTIFUL.

I want to come visit and get pizza. miss you.