Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hubee D's - Restaurant Review

For those of you who live in West Ashley or those who like to wander over our way, there's a new joint next to Your Pie called Hubee D's. It's a chicken and wings joint that I was actually not too thrilled about trying. Tuesday Beau and I went running and it took a bit longer than we had anticipated (due my slow poke self) and then was unable to really make dinner so we went out. In trying to decide where we would go and wanting to go somewhere neither of us had been before, he suggested this place. Sure, why not. I was a bit scared to tell the truth.
 
When I walked it I kind of felt like I had walked into a part of Texas that you see in trashy movies. But some people like that atmosphere...some don't. I was pleased to see that they serve more than wings and chicken. They had salads! I love salads and that night, after my run, I wanted a cool salad. And to make me even happier, they had more than just a plain ol' chopped salad. I ordered this amazing salad that had lettuce topped with goat cheese, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, grilled chicken and a champagne vinaigrette. Who would have thought the word "champagne" would have been anywhere on that menu! But alas...
 
Hubee D's is kind of similar to Zaxby's in the sense that it's a chicken joint and it kind of has that look on the inside (i.e. order at the counter, kind of dark inside, get your own drink, etc.). But here are some highlights...
1. They serve sweet cornbread with each meal
2. Complimentary boiled peanuts
3. They bring the food to your table
 
My salad was really good. Beau seemed to really like his chicken fingers, which come with a spicy sauce, french fries and a side of coleslaw that he raved about. Malt vinegar is also given as an option for some topping on your fries. And btw, another perk-Coca-cola products.
 
There was question as to whether you clear your table or whether they do it. Just so you know...they do it. Leave your stuff there.
 
Overall, I would go back.

No comments: