Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Alchemy Coffee-Restaurant Review

After picking up Beau's car at Firestone, he and I headed out to get some breakfast before heading into our work places. It was my pick and I chose Alchemy Coffee right there at the corner of Savannah Hwy and Magnolia Rd. at the Triangle in West Ashley. We had never been there and are trying to try the local coffee shops around these parts.
 
It's very local. It's a bit dark on the inside for my taste but there are high chairs and tables, couches, big soft chairs, stools, tables, etc. And there is seating outside. If you look around the place you'll see local artwork that looks like it all came from the same artist.
 
We walked in to the smell of eggs, two men sitting separately and a woman behind the counter. There's not much of a menu so you kind of stumble your way through it, but the lady was happy to answer any questions.
 
In a normal "Beau" fashion for breakfast he ordered a blueberry muffin and an iced latte. I ordered a White Mocha Latte and an everything bagel toasted with cream cheese. Beau said his muffin was very moist and quite delicious while his coffee was nothing really to rave over. My latte was quite good I thought and it made me even happier that they had a soy milk option, which I happily took advantage of. I was a bit disappointed with the service though. My toasted bagel with cream cheese was consequently a bagel that was sliced and put on a plastic plate with a to-go portion of cream cheese and I was told to go over next to the wall and toast my bagel myself.
 
Overall, I will say that I was pleased with my coffee and the ambience of the place. What a great place to go for some relaxation and coffee in the afternoon! But I wasn't thrilled about the service, the presentation or the options for breakfast foods. It's not a place to rave over. I might go back if I happen to be in the area, but I definitely won't seek it out to go there again...at least for breakfast.
 
Lunch could be another story. So maybe next visit....

No comments: