Thursday, October 11, 2007

Highlights of my vacation to the coast!

I know you've seen and you will see pics, but let me tell you some things as well...

Highlights:
1. Riding a train for the first time.
2. For western restaurant since I left the States-Pete's Tex Mex and Grill
3. Real ice cream.
4. First experience in a hostel.
5. See Jenny Lou's (import store) and all it has to offer next time in Beijing!
6. Starbuck's coffee-and buying a bag of decaf to take home!
7. The Great Wall
8. Hiking the Wall in the rain.
9. Summiting the peak next to the Wall.
10. PB&J sandwiches 5x during the vacate.
11. Being with a large group of people my age and in my same stage in life.
12. Laughing 'til I cried.
13. Finding a book store that sold English novels.
14. McDonald's
15. Homemade chips and salsa
16. Homemade apple pie a la mode (my fave).
17. Eating pork (I can't do it in Yinchuan.)
18. Going to the beach and putting my feet in the sand and basking in the sunlight!
19. Band pics.
20. Acting like I was 19 again and back in college!
21. Expensive, delicious coffee that our friends shared so graciously!
22. Making up themes for girls' night!

It was an awesome trip and so refreshing to the soul!