Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hiking Helan Shan with Hediah





Hediah (from Iran) and I went hiking at Helan Shan a few weeks ago. This is only the beginning of the pictures. I'll post more. Here's a pic of the trees, a house that some workers live in up there, me and Hediah at the entrance and me with a giant stick. You see, Hediah and I heard this huge dog barking in the distance. I'm kind of scared of animals (not sure why) and apparently so is Hediah. But me being quite a bit bigger than Hediah (she's like the size of child) I felt like I needed to protect us. So I found this huge stick on the ground. It was going to be my defense against the German Shepherd. I don't know what it would have done actually. As we walked closer to the dog we saw that he was chained up. Thank goodness! But the men up there got a kick out of me carrying this huge stick, especially after I told them that the reason I had it was because the dog scared us.