Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's a Hot One






Last Thursday was one of the hottest days. So Diao Laoshi (male) taught us how to make paper fans. Then we had fun posing together with them. And these have come in quite handy since. It really is hot in that classroom. And Wei Laoshi (female) is trying to teach us the midst of the heat. It's so weird going to school all through June. The last time I was going to school was in college and we got out for the summer at the beginning of May. So yes, our minds wander a bit and we play some. But in the end it helps us to focus better if we're having a good time. We do have so much fun! You can see Diao also teaching us using Chinese characters. I can't believe I can actually read some now! Last semester when I started I remember thinking that this was virtually impossible! It was so hard! But now I can read and even write some characters and I can carry on conversations with the older people that live in my complex (sometimes they're hard to understand because they don't speak standard Mandarin).