Monday, January 5, 2009

A needed time of renewal

Yesterday being Sunday, we were headed to church. I honestly didn't want to go. My expectation of it was not high; just not expecting God to speak to me. But still glad I went. I walked through the doors, found a seat among that thousands of people and quietly asked the Lord's forgiveness for doubting Him and then asked Him to please speak to me and let me feel His presence. He surely is a good God.

He did speak to me. He encouraged me in the place that I am in my life. I felt empathy at where I am and what I'm trying to desperately to figure out. He gave me definite answers, but instead reminded me of the life that He's called me to. I am here to love Him and love people. And as I've been "floating" on searching for what it is that He wants me to do next, I've somehow neglected what He's given me at the present. Maybe I don't need to worry so much about what is the next thing that He wants me to do.

God also reminded me last night of how much I love ministry. I can't imagine not being a part of ministry the rest of my life. Not that it has to have a formal title to it, but it's in my blood that I can't escape it. So in light of that I've been encouraged in a way as to what my next steps might be. There are nothing definite, but maybe a direction that I could be headed.

Thank you Lord for the encouragement and for just sitting with me and listening as I rummage through all my thoughts and feelings. You're so patient with me.