Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas/Sick

Almost everyone in my house is sick. My dad's been sick since Sunday, Chris and Mom since Tuesday. I have a cold and an easily irritable stomach. But nothing I can't handle after living in China, right? :) Yeah it's sad, they're in bed sick and not feeling well. We weren't able to go to Charleston yesterday and not today either.

So what were we to do about Christmas dinner? I went out yesterday and bought all the fixin's for it. We're having everything we would normally have only Jenn and I are cooking it rather than my mom and all the aunts. It should be interesting. It'll be fun for sure. I'm actually excited to be in charge of such an important meal. I just hope everyone will be able to eat it and enjoy it.

Yesterday I was super busy with cooking as well. Making an Italian Cream Cake, Snowball cookies, chocolate marshmallows, and the cornbread to be able to make the cornbread dressing for today. It was a busy day but a fun one.

We opened all of our gifts last night as a family. We had a new member for the first time ever! My sister's fiance, Alex, joined us. Jenn read Luke 2 for us. It's our tradition every Christmas Eve before we open a gift. We decided she would do it since it was her last time living in the house and being single for Christmas. We had a great time laughing and opening gifts and being shocked at what we got from each other. It was really nice.

I couldn't believe it but my brother and sister bought me a new bicycle! I am so excited! It looks just like the one I had in China, which made me so happy. I'm just going to cruise around all over the neighborhood on it. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the neighborhood, other than my dad, who would be a riding a bike. And I got lots of great cooking stuff for more recipes to come! Who's excited?!?!?!