Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Allergies

So if you haven't guessed it now, I'm a serious foodie! And so, to figure out that I have an extremem intolerance to dairy was a bit disheartening. But then to realize today that I'm allergic to cantaloup (or rather Grass Pollen) was a surprise. I knew I was allergic to grass, but I didn't know it would manifest itself in food. After researching it I've come to know that it can manifest itself that way.

Here's the deal. I started this "No sugar dessert Monday through Thursday." I was going a little over-the-top with dessert each night and a bit out of control. So instead I've been eating fruit for my "dessert". Cantaloupe was my choice Monday and Tuesday night. Allergic reaction started shortly thereafter by presenting with what seems like extreme chapped lips. And it's been getting worse with each day of continuous cantaloupe eating.

Did the research. Bam! Allergic to Grass Pollen which is in melons and figs. Who would've thought?

I tell you what, if it turns out that I become allergic to sugar I will die!

No comments: