Monday, May 24, 2010

Blush

Blush. Not the pink powdery substance that I apply to my cheeks in the morning to make me have that "glow". I'm talking about something you do, something that happens.

The question was raised about how often we, as people, blush. And I'm talking about blushing in response to something that would not be considered good, like a compliment.

How often do I blush at things I see on TV or in movies? What about conversations that I hear or even take part in? And things/people that I see? Does it bother me to see, hear or take part in these things. Or has my heart and mind become numb to them? Are they considered normal now? Do I think them normal and acceptable?

Last night in small group, us girls were discussing ways that Satan can come into our lives, mainly how we let him in. Ugh! He wants in my life and here I am opening the door for him through some TV shows, movies, magazines, music, billboards, conversations I take part in etc. "Here you go Satan, want to join my life?"

I feel like that for me to gradually become more accepting of and unaffected by the words, actions and sights I see all around me, I'm allowing Satan more of a grip in my life. I am becoming more apart of "that" world and steering further away from what is eternal. It gets harder and harder to see clearly. And it's harder to hear God. It gets kind of cloudy.

So what do I need to do? How can I protect myself? How can you protect me? How can I protect you? I don't want to become legalistic by any means. But this subject warrants thinking about and it definitely warrants some sort of action. I mean, people around us are acting and they're pushing these things hard! I want to respond by pushing back and saying "No, I don't want this! And I will not accept this!"


Those things that should make me blush and turn away from in shame are just lightly bantered about. ~ B. Brown

No comments: