Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The fast is almost over!

So…remember the whole “No ice cream for the month of September?”  It’s almost the end of September!  But I must confess I had ice cream twice this month.  And please allow me to explain.

 

A couple of weeks ago my stomach was hurting awfully bad.  For some reason ice cream usually helps it feel better.  I had had the stomach issues for three days and I just couldn’t handle it any longer.  So, with the permission of my fasting buddy, I had some ice cream.  But it was strictly  medicinal!  The second time was last Monday night.  I went to a friend’s house for dinner.  They served blackberry cobbler for dessert.  It’s rude to refuse food when offered it at someone’s house.  So I HAD to eat it!  But, and everyone knows this, you cannot eat cobbler without ice cream.  So, again, with the permission of my fasting buddy, I had ice cream.  But those were the only two times.

 

There have been so many other times where I’ve wanted nothing but ice cream and I’ve thought to myself “Hmmm…I can stop by DQ on the way home from work and get me a little somethin’ and Julia will never know!”  But, alas, I did not.  Good job Kathryn.

 

Anyway, Thursday marks the first day of October and Julia and I are celebrating with some ice cream!  We are not purchasing any that will stay in our freezer, but rather, we are going out.  So…hopefully some self-control can be attained as we embark upon a new season of eating ice cream!!!!

1 comment:

SaraEliza said...

You have more self-control than anyone I know! I know you'll do great!