Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Down the road

So...something that only seems to happen in movies happened to me this evening on my way home.

There I am driving down the road on my way home from James Island and a blue corvette is riding my tail. (This is where I come in, not acting completely sane or appropriate, but just go with the story!) I started tapping my breaks to get him off of my tail. He's waving his arms in the air at me. I wave mine back. He then pulls up next to me at the light. I think, "Oh gosh! What in the world?! He's going to chew me out or something." He goes on to ask me if I'm seriously getting upset at him for riding my tail when I'm the one who (he says) is driving crazy. Oh, and I have a tail light out. Whoops! One thing leads to another and we start a conversation. I know!

So driving down Hwy. 176 we're chatting side by side while we hold up traffic behind us. With horns honking and people screaming he and I are sharing about what we do for a living and why we moved here. He then tells me that he would like to take me to dinner.

"Are you asking me out while we drive down the road?!" Yes he is.

So...in a completely non-Kathryn fashion, I gave him my phone number.

See, I told you. This would only happen in a movie. And yet it happened to me, tonight!

5 comments:

Amy said...

WHAT?! girl, you are crazy! can't wait to hear what happens next.

Erin said...

No way!! Kathryn, you are a stud what can I say :)

Sarah said...

I sure hope you are meeting him somewhere in your own car and a very public place!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's the best story ever! You go girl!
Love you!
Dim

Mark & Jennie said...

Kat, this story is so awesome! I'm proud of you for going out with him :)