Saturday, August 29, 2009

I know all of us have listened to songs and are reminded of a specific time in our life, a memory, a place, a person, etc. Tonight on the drive home from a low-country boil in Mt. Pleasant, I was listening to "Unto You" by Shane and Shane. This is a song I don't listen to often, but tonight, there it was!

Every time I listen to this song I am reminded of my time in Cambodia, and tonight was no exception. It reminds me of the my morning in my hotel room. I was waking up early to read my Bible before going downstairs to eat breakfast with the group. And each morning I would listen to the "Psalms" CD by Shane and Shane, read my Bible and write my prayers in my prayer journal.

It also makes me laugh when I hear the song because I now realize what the song was saying, while at that time (2001) I apparently didn't. The song sings to "Yeshua", another name for God. At that time, I thought the song was saying "Yes, you are". :) I know, it doesn't make any sense. But I didn't know any better. Now I have to laugh! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

that CD is one of my all-time favorites...and it makes me think of you, because you were the one who introduced me to it. I used to think they were saying "yes, you are" too...which if you think about it isn't THAT wacko...if God is "I Am" then we could say "Yes, You are"--right? :)