Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pictures


I just got back from Walgreens. Love that store! You know, those great little coupons that come out every Sunday and are only good for a week? Yeah, that gave me the excuse to go buy two pints of Haagan Daaz ice cream. And...I printed off pictures from my trip to Laos and from life in China. Now, I only printed 63 off or so. I do have well over 1000 pictures so I'm no where close to getting them all but at least I've started.

My current room in my new apartment has kind of an international theme. It's pretty basic as far as colors, which I like, but it has pictures and knick-knacks, art work, gifts from all over the world. And I love that! I've started to print these pictures off in the hope to showcase some of it in my room and throughout the apartment (if the roomies agree!).

With one of the coupons from Walgreens, I got a free 8x10 with the purchase of a certain amount of 4x6s. So I printed an 8x10 of one of my favorite photos ever. It's one all of you have seen many times, but I'll show it again. I want to frame this one to keep forever and ever.

This picture reminds me of so many great moments in China, just me and with with my parents. It displays my parent's playfulness and love towards each other and their sense of adventure and excitement for life. I think of the future and what it could hold for me. I have no idea. Just as my parents never thought they would be standing on the Great Wall of China early one morning gives kisses and receiving them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE that picture!

Mom said...

Kathryn, I'm glad you love that pic so much! I do too! The time we shared with you in China was heaven sent and will always hold a very special place in my heart and also your Dads. We love you and are so proud of you!