Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Walking

I went prayer walking this evening after returning from Pop-Pops house for dinner. I actually had just meant to go for a walk multiple times around my apartment complex. Usually I bring my iPod, but tonight I decided silence would be better. As I started walking the Lord brought so many people to mind and it turned into a major prayer session. I prayed for my neighbors and opportunities to love and care for them and for opportunities to share Christ with them. I prayed for dear friends living overseas and I prayed for those serving here as well. I prayed for family and people I don't know. I prayed for me. I was so caught up in it that I didn't realize that I had walked around my apartment complex as many times as I had and that it was dark outside by the time I had finished.

And...I really enjoyed it. I think it's something that should/could/will continue...

1 comment:

HSockwell said...

Hey it's Hannah and I just wanted to let you know that we did that a lot when we went on our mission trip as well. It is amazing how people will come to mind or just watching for people to pray for. He is good!