Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grape Fanta!!!!!!

Here's the story...

Left work early.
Went for a 2.5 mile run.
Went to Big Lots looking for wrapping paper and a frame to put that pic that I posted yesterday in.
At the checkout I saw...Grape Fanta.

Now, for weeks, or rather, months I've been wanting a grape soda. I have not given into my temptation because there is no diet version. I have been good. But today...today when I'm hot and the soda is cold and my strength is gone, I give in and buy that grape Fanta.

There I sit in my Subaru Forester outside the entrance to Big Lots listening to the soundtrack to the Broadway musical, Rent. I turn up the volume, open the cap, hear the fizz and the air seeping out of the bottle and smell the freshness of grape!

I take one sip and aahhhhhhh! Sooooooo good. So incredibly good. It was everything I remembered it and everything I hoped it would be. Those two sips of grape Fanta that I allowed myself to have were worth the wait.

Now the rest sits in my fridge waiting for tomorrow when I will take another two sips.

1 comment:

SaraEliza said...

girl, you have some serious self-control! you waited two months for two sips! wow! :)