Monday, August 17, 2009

Another good conversation with my co-worker today. I was able to share a ever so tiny bit of my testimony over lunch. We were talking about doing things that are sometimes physically dangerous or scary, but that sometimes I do them anyway. It's not that I don't value my life or that I enjoy doing stupid things, but rather that I don't live my live in fear. One, because I know where I'm going when I die, but also that I just don't live in fear.

This only touches the surface of my testimony! When I said that, she sat there kind of thinking "huh, interesting". And then we went on. But my prayer is that she continues to think on this and that at some earlier date either she or I will bring the topic up again and I can naturally go into sharing what Jesus has done for me.

[Some other things I'm pondering]

Do I value convenience over what is best/needed/most desired for my good?

There are people in Kenya who walk hours and many, many miles to get to church on Sunday. Yes, it is the closest one to them. But they could easily say, "It's too far. No one would expect to go that far, much less, walk that far."

Do I settle for a church that's close by because I don't want to spend the gas? I don't want to wake up earlier to get there? Do I value convenience over what is best? Thinking on this...

No comments: