Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reminders of a sweet time

I stumbled upon an album that I used to listen a while back. In fact, I listened to one song on repeat for an entire month. I tend to this a lot when I find a song that I love!

Anyway, it's from "Enter the Worship Circle" by 100 Portraits & Waterdeep. The song is "Life of Praise" and I listened to it for the entire month I was in Cambodia during the summer of 2001. And everytime I hear that song my entire heart, mind and soul just transports itself back there. I think of the pineapples I would eat for lunch with the french baguette. I think of walking the muddy streets of Siem Reap while all the Khemer people zoomed past me on their mopeds. I think of our devotional time of studying Acts together. I feel the warmth of the sun that shot down each morning on our way to the floating village. I think of the jungle that was so easily accessible if you just walked down the street a bit. You could see the women bending down to pick rice from the patties. I think of the joy that I felt when I was there. Most of all, I think how God used that trip to start in me a passion for the nations and all people to know Him. That was the beginning. And oh how I am thankful.

The lyrics to the song are below and are very appropriate for listening while in an Asian country, such as Cambodia. I hope it stirs something in your heart like it did mine.

LIFE OF PRAISE
Many men will drink the rain; turn to the thank the clouds.
Many men will hear you speak; they will never turn around.

I will not forget you are my God my King.
With a thankful heart I bring my offering.
And my sacrifice is not what you can give.
But what I alone can give to you.

A grateful heart I give; a thankful pray I pray.
A wild dance I dance before you.
A loud song I sing and huge bell I ring.
A life of praise I live before you.

Many men will pour their gold; serve a thing that shines.
Many men will read your words; they will never change their minds.

I will not forget you are my God my King.
With a thankful heart I bring my offering.
And my sacrifice is not what you can give.
But what I alone can give to you.

A grateful heart I give; a thankful pray I pray.
A wild dance I dance before you.
A loud song I sing and huge bell I ring.
A life of praise I live before you.

Got to get a little wild inside; got to get a little a wild inside.

1 comment:

Mark & Jennie said...

YAY! going to listen to that song right now. THanks for starting my day with a smile and great memories - that album was on repeat for me that month, too! LOVE to you!