Friday, October 2, 2009

Accept it in thankfulness

I’m sitting at my desk listening to a sermon from my church, East Cooper Baptist Church, and Buster is sharing a story about a woman who has physical deformities and she’s telling him that it grieves her that she’ll never get married.

 

I felt compassion for her.  And in a small, very small, way I understand her grief.  Definitely not in the physical deformity way, but rather in the desire to be married.  It is a desire of mine.

 

I read a something a friend mine shared.  And bear with me here as I can’t remember the exact quote but I’ll do my best to convey the gist of it. 

 

It said something to the point of:

 

If we truly  understood how much God loved us we would gladly accept the blessing, burdens and trials that come into our life because we know that it’s out of love that He gives them.

 

That struck me and when I listened to this woman’s story and then thought about my own life my thoughts began to do a little turnover.  I was just thinking that it’s not so much something that is being withheld from me or that is not being given to me, but rather, God loves me sooo much that this is a reflection of His love.  Kathryn, try and not frown upon something given in love.  And now am praying that I would more truly understand just how much He really does love me so that I can accept EVEYRTHING He gives me as a gift and as a reflection of His love me.  To accept it with thankfulness and praise.   

 

No comments: