Saturday, October 31, 2009

A bit of help

I need some help from any of you who are computer savvy and I mean really computer savvy.  Here's the deal.  I have/had a hidden hard drive on my computer.  It had to be mounted by a piece of software called TrueCrypt. Passwords and everything. I accidentally uninstalled the TrueCrypt software and now cannot use it to mount my hidden hard drive.  Therefore half of my computer's space is somewhere in computer space not able to be used and my MS Outlook is out there as well.  Does anyone know how I can get this part of my hard drive back?

2 comments:

HSockwell said...

I am not sure if this will work, but Download.com is a good site for downloading stuff, so search for the program you uninstalled (I have clicked on the link to leave a comment and I have forgotten what the program was)... :)

Most of the programs from download.com are free and I have never had a problem with the website.

Hope it helps! It was good to see you yesterday at church and Saturday at the funeral! Take care!

- Hannah

Erin said...

Yeah, reinstall True Crypt and you should be able to mount again. If you don't need the stuff in the hidden drive, you can just delete it. It might be saved as a movie file... :)