Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Ugly Truth-movie review

My roommate, Julia, and I went to the new IMAX theater in Charleston tonight. It was kind of a grand re-opening so all of the admission tickets as well as ANYTHING in the concessions (no matter the size) were $1!!!! So, yes, we took advantage of that!

We went to see "The Ugly Truth" with Katherine Hiegl and that Irish fellow that was in "P.S. I Love You" with Hillary Swank. Anyway, this movie is about a girl who is very controlling and this guy who says he knows what guys are really thinking. The guy is helping the girl to relax a bit and get the guy she wants. Yes, a chick flick or a romantic comedy. Of course Julia and I would want to see it! :)

For those of you out there who like to be entertained by the talk of genitals and very crass references to those, this is the movie for you! For those of you who like the degrading of both sexes, definitely see this one!

For Julia and I, this was not the movie for us. In fact, after 45 minutes, we left. I leaned over to Julia at one point and said how thankful I was to not be on a date seeing this movie. I would have been mortified to be sitting next to a guy watching this. In fact, I was embarassed to be sitting there at all.

In my humble opinion, not a good movie.

No comments: