Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Earthquake

So there was a minor earthquake here in Yinchuan, China. I don't know if it was anywhere else or if it's on the news. Probably not. But in case it was, we're fine. Just wanted everyone to know.

We've had lots of adventures so far. We've seen the ruins of the Great Wall out here, we've gone to a small village, seen the oldest mosque in Ningxia and we had our van overheat to which we had to stop every so often and put water in the radiator. Never a dull moment in China!

We're getting on the train tonight to head to Xi'An. We'll arrive around noon on Wednesday. And then a new adventure begins!

So far it's been super great to see old friends and catch up with them. What a blessing that has been! And did I mention the food? Oh yes, I have eaten my Gan Bian Chao Mian and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. Delicious food!

It's hot here, but not as hot as Charleston believe it or not. I'm actually more comfortable here without air-conditioning than I am in Charleston without it in my car. Go figure.

So far no one is sick and we're doing okay with jet-lag. The jet-lag has been affecting me the last few days and no one else. But I think their time is coming! They were taking naps today! Definitely catching up to them!

More later!

No comments: