Friday, June 4, 2010

You decide

Chew on this...

As many as three million Chinese babies are hidden by their parents every year in order to get around the country's one-child policy, a researcher has discovered.

Yeah, that number is huge! It totally reminds me of Moses in the basket, floatin' down that river. I can't imagine living in a place where this is "needed". Oh wait, I did live there, but thankfully I didn't have to adhere to this law. Not to mention the fact that I'm not married and don't have children and therefore, this law was not even coming close to touching me.

So, you decide. Three million babies being hidden every year. One-child policy: needed or over-the-top? Parents hiding children: breaking the law or trying to live under an unfair law? Discuss.

And by the way, I'm thinking it's not as black and white as it might appear... Just sayin'.

No comments: