Thursday, July 31, 2008

In Xi'An

Mom and I are in Xi'An, unable to post pics. We have visited a few markets here, with me buying some great, cheap fabric to get some skirts made when I get back to Yinchuan. We had the opportuntity yesterday to see the Great Mosque. It was so fascinating with the ancient architecture and ancient writing. We also talked with one of the men who work there and worship there regularly.

I also celebrated my one year anniversary of being in China yesterday with my friend, Morning, and her boyfriend, Sonny. We headed out for Indian food (my favorite) and then to Pizza Hut for dessert. Pizza Hut is nothing like it is in the States. It's actually a really fancy and expensive restaurant in China. But we could afford the dessert, which was really good. It was so strange to see Pizza Hut like that.

I can't believe I've been in China one year. Soooo much has happened in the past year! I can only imagine what the next year will hold!\

Today we're going out to walk the City Walls of Xi'An. The only city in China that has it's full city walls. We're going to meet up with Morning again this afternoon and head to a Bird Market and to The Temple of the Eight Immortals. Tonight we're going to a Tang Dynasty dancing performace and jiaozi (dumpling) feast. And tomorrow afternoon we fly to Beijing.