Saturday, July 26, 2008

Watch-out!









So- after riding the camels we proceeded to climb over the dune and yea- there were jeeps to drive in the desert! I haven't driven anything in 7-8 months,and these were stick,and I haven't driven one of those in 2 yrs. Everyone wanted to go, but Mom wouldn't drive and Morning's Dad couldn't So they forced me to! I was scared to death! You had to drive fast to get thru the sand and then really accelerate to get over the dune and you couldn't at all see what was on the other side! Everyone hung on for dear life! When it was finally over, every muscle in my body relaxed,and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief, But now I can say I've driven a jeep on the Gobi!
By the way, the round buildings are called "Yurts" houses lived in by the Mongolians. Right over the mountain is Inner Mongolia, so the part of the desert we were on had Monguls living there.