Monday, July 21, 2008

No more good food

So lately my stomach has been feeling...well...not so hot. I eat Chinese food ALL THE TIME with no effect whatsoever. But lately, not the case. I talked to some other foreigners and they told me why. Apparently China promised the Olympic people and the athletes that all the best food that China had would be in Beijing. That they would be moving the best food from other cities and from the countryside into Beijing for the Olympics; leaving that not so great food behind in these other cities, including Yinchuan. Yes, I have noticed that it's been hard to find descent broccoli or meat. And the apparently the Chinese aren't even buying the meat in Yinchuan. So yeah, that seems to be the reason that Chinese food isn't settling so well lately with us foreigners. Ugh!